I'm finished nursing, now what do I do with these pads??

Okay, so you spent however long with a little one nursing. Now you are left with these nursing pads you probably have used everyday. They still should be in perfectly usable condition, but now you don't have a need. Well, I have come up with ways to keep using your nursing pads long after you have finished breast feeding.

Idea 1:
You can use them as cotton rounds to apply toner & remove make-up. They are larger than the ones I specifically make for this, but work well. I use my old nursing pads for this and they are working just fine. (I tried both the normal & the leak proof)

Idea 2:
Your little one will like playing memory games soon. You can use them on the floor to play any combination of memory since they all have the same backing and are in pairs. My son loves playing this game. The great thing is if the kids are playing with them and a younger sibling starts chewing on them, the game isn't ruined. Also, they don't hurt to step on them & you can throw them in the washing machine if they get gross.

Idea 3:
Blotting cloths. Yes ladies, we can save so many trees by using blotting cloths instead of T.P. when we just need to blot. If you already use cloth menstrual pads, these are a breeze. There isn't any special instructions, just wash with normal laundry since they just have minimal urine on them. One study I read said you could reduce toilet paper usage by up to ninety percent by using blotting cloths.

Idea 4:
Coasters. You picked cute patterns you like to look at, why not use them as coasters and keep enjoying them. Plus, you can laugh when people ask you where you got such cute coasters.

Idea 5:
Donate them to a women's shelter. New moms with limited means would love to have these items to use with their new little ones, but don't have the means to attain them. Sharing them will hopefully encourage women to breast feed their new ones.

These are just a few ideas I have come up with. If you have any ideas, please share them with me.

Comments